The folks at Bullhorn Reach recently took the time to summarize the social media actual activity of recruiters and job seekers in the Bullhorn Reach user network in 2011 (over 35,000 recruiters) across the “big 3″ social recruiting platforms – LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. The results, while not surprising, are certainly interesting.
- Recruiters are connected to all three social networks, but are using LinkedIn and Twitter much more than Facebook to recruit talent.
- LinkedIn is driving the most views and applications per job posted on the three networks.
- Twitter followers are much more likely to apply for a job than connections on LinkedIn or friends on Facebook.
- 21% of recruiters are connected to all 3 of the “big 3″ social networks, but 48% use LinkedIn exclusively.
- Agency and corporate recruiters exhibit slightly different connecting and social recruiting strategies across the networks.