Some interesting stats from this report include:
- Over 6 in 10 companies in the US plan to hire more professionals in 2011 than in 2010.
- Although 63% of US respondents expect hiring to increase in 2011, only 45% expect their hiring budget to increase.
- Finding better ways to source passive candidates is the top recruiting trend in the US, while using social and professionals networks is a close second.
- 59% of companies in the US report social professional networks are a minor source in their recruiting efforts, while 29% indicate it is a major source.
- 35% of companies are worried that their competitors will learn to use social networks and social media more effectively than they will.
- LinkedIn is the most popular social network for recruiting, used by 96% of respondents.
Check out the presentation uploaded by SBG Media Group below.
- Hiring is expected to increase in the US, but budgets are not keeping pace.
- Social professional networking is seen as one of the most important, long- lasting recruiting trends in the US and most companies are already using it to some degree.
- Sourcing passive candidates is a key trend.
- The use of talent community-building and employment branding tools is expected to increase.
- Employee referral programs are anticipated to grow.